Feb 13, 2013

Tutorial: Transform and roll out!


My favorite robot in the world is Optimus Prime from Transformers. (Marvin from Hitchhiker's Guide to Galaxy comes second!)
Image from Google

For long I have wanted to do a look based on Optimus, I just haven't quite figured how to transform it to makeup (hehe. Transform the transformer.. :D )

Then finally it hit me. The flames of the "new Optimus"!
Image from Google
Image from Google

Few days ago I made the sketch for the look;

And here's how it turned out when I today had time to do it:


I look happy :S

One straight from phone:

Then the fun part!

TUTORIAL!

I started with priming my lid with Lime Crime Eyeshadow Helper (It comes in tube now, awesome!)

Then I outlined the flames with Makeup Geek's Electric gel liner (Using superthin brush from Joe Blasco):

Then I used Sugarpill Buttercupcake, Love+ and Flamepoint to color the non-blue flames:

 Then Sugarpill Buttercupcake, Flamepoint and Tako to blend:

Then I used MUG Electric liner again to fill the blue flames:

And then Sugarpill Velocity over the Electric gel liner to seal it and to make it a bit more metallic:

Then some Electric and Velocity to lower lashline too...:

Red lip pencil to the brow, with some Lime Crime Fly Dragon Fly, and black gel liner to waterline:

Mascara...:

And finally quite neutral falsies (Red Cherry #13 I think):

And the look is done!


Diu-di-diu-di-diu!

21 comments:

  1. Fantastic tutorial and great idea ^_^ very good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore Sugarpill, and you! You're so creative <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE IT!!!!!!

    I am an Optimus Prime fan myself - no one knows it nor would they guess.

    You just thrilled me to pieces with this - will have to try this in honor of Mr O Prime :-)

    Great Job!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. very nice as always! I have´t been following your work for awhile and coming back today was a success! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Latest Forex Market Tips Online, Free Forex News updates, Daily Forex News, Daily updates about Currency Exchange Rates
    www.LatestFxMarket.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This came out awesome. And I love your photo tutorials, so much easier to follow than videos for me. I had noooo idea how you got the blue flames so nice until I saw the pictures, but you make it make sense!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is awesome! You are very talented. I love optimus prime but I am not sure if I could do this make up though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an awesome idea! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's amazing !!!:)

    Yulia
    http://sv-sv.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Interesting post!
    Ngọc Minh Beautiful girl at Sakura Beauty Corp.

    ReplyDelete